Look after your Well-Being
During this time of uncertainty, we understand how many of us may be feeling a great deal of unrest and worry. Even just being out of our normal routine and away from friends can leave us feeling insecure. To help us through this, there are many things we can do to help:
- Follow the clear guidance offered by the government (emailed out to all parents)
- Create a new routine – make a timetable of daily activities for yourself.
- Make sure you stay healthy – drink plenty of water, eat healthily and make sure you exercise (at least one hour per day; join us with Joe Wicks every morning at 9.00am).
- Keep in contact with friends and family – use DB Primary or any other social media platform (agreed by your parents)
- Practice daily mindfulness and/or yoga.
Mindfulness and Yoga resources
- Check out this gorgeous link to mindful music (a 10-week free trial) – play it while you are working, resting, practising yoga or...whenever you fancy! https://www.artswave.org/discover/responding-to-covid-19
- Headspace is offering a free selection of their online app to practice mindfulness. It’s called ‘Weathering the Storm’. The benefit of practising mindfulness for 5+ minutes a day is unquestionable. https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
- Yoga – the online Cosmic Kids app is offering a 2-week free trial. It’s fantastic! https://www.cosmickids.com/ You may feel confident enough to carry on independently after your 2-week trial; if not, there are plenty of other ways to continue your yoga practice: there are many cosmic kids, as well as other, yoga clips for children on you tube.
- Also remember the peer massage that most of you are trained in. The prompt sheet and video is attached for guidance.
Other mindful activities include: